Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
UFO aims at financing collaborative projects (at least 2 SMEs per project) from European SMEs to develop innovative products and services by integrating new technological solutions and know-how provided by the combination of innovative Small Flying Objects (SFOs: drones, high altitude platforms systems, small satellites), embedded nano and digital technologies, Key Enabling Technologies (KETs), data analysis and exploitation solutions. Six industries are targeted: Mobility, Climate, Blue Growth, Finance & Innovation, Environment and Digital, Creative & Gaming.
What are the minimum requirements to apply for the funding?
· The SMEs must be based in one of the 5 UFO consortium partners countries: Bulgaria, France, Greece, Romania, United Kingdom.
· The proposed project must offer solutions by developing and / or integrating technologies utilizing SFO capabilities, embedded nano and digital technologies, Key Enabling Technologies, data analysis and exploitation and must address challenges in the six targeted emerging industries.
What types of vouchers are available?
· Demonstration Voucher: €60.000 max. per beneficiary SME / €150.000 max. per project
· Feasibility Voucher: min. €10.000 – €30.000 max. per beneficiary SME / €60.000 max. per project
· Market & Business Development Voucher: €20.000 max. per beneficiary SME / €40.000 max. per project
Can an SME apply with more than one proposal?
Can an SME receive funding as a single applicant?
How does the UFO Project define an SME?
The UFO Project is consistent with the EC definition of SMEs. Be sure to take the European Commission’s SME self-assessment questionnaire, if you have any doubts concerning your organization’s status.
What percentage of the eligible costs are actually funded?
Is the Brexit going to affect the involvement of UK SMEs?
Is there a way to cross-connect SMEs within the UFO project?
The UFO Project will organize several online ideation sessions and matchmaking events before and during the time of the open call.